Enhancements Make the LSU Student Union the Place to Be!
If you have been in the LSU Student Union recently, you may have noticed some very distinct changes! Over the past six months, the LSU Student Union has been working hard to bring the LSU students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests exciting enhancements all around the building! From lively new banners that depict student life on campus to fresh new carpets that show our Purple LSU Pride, The LSU Student Union continues to strive to serve the LSU community by providing appropriate facilities, services, and conveniences for the diverse needs and activities of the campus.
UPDATES & ADDITIONS THAT HAVE BEEN MADE TO
THE LSU STUDENT UNION:
- Over 100 seats & tables have been added to the LSU Student Union so more LSU Students, faculty staff & guests are able to sit, enjoy lunch, study & relax!
- The Live Oak Lounge and the 2nd floor lobby lounge areas received new deep purple carpeting to help update the spaces and bring out our purple pride!
- The second floor Lounge & Tiger Lair received the most visible change as 10 ft. banners depicting different aspects of campus life now hang from the columns of the union!
- LOVE PURPLE. LIVE GOLD. are the first words you see as you come through the main entrance to the LSU Student Union from the Parade Grounds!
- The LSU LOGO now proudly adorns the walls of the Information Center!
- Many conference rooms have been updated
- The Atchafalaya Room located on the 3rd floor had its wood floors resurfaced, making the room much more bright and attractive!
- The Red River Room located on the 3rd floor received new carpet in the Fall 2015!
Not only has the LSU Student Union made aesthetic changes to the building, it also has put a rental system in place at the Information Desk to make your day-to-day stresses a little bit easier! Forget to charge your phone at night? Fear no more. The LSU Student Union now provides both iPhone & Android chargers. What if you are
looking for a way to distress before your next class? We’ve got that covered too! Students can now check board games out to play while waiting for their next class or to just get away and have a good time playing games with friends.
Take advantage of these services by simply handing over your Tiger Card when checking out one of the following items from the Information Desk.
Choose from the following options, including wall adapters, to help bring your phone back to life:
- iPhone 5 and newer models
- iPhone 4 and older models
- USB wall adapters
There are 11 board games to choose from:
- Apples 2 Apples
- Decks of Cards
When you’re finished, just return the charger or board game to the Information Desk to receive your Tiger Card. If you have any questions, please contact Auxiliary Services at 225-578-5141.